Dr. Willian Casebeer is the Director of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at Riverside Research. He is a trailblazer in technology evolution for the federal sector, being involved with government contracting for over two decades. Dr. Casebeer’s experience earns him a prime role to speak for the 10th Annual R&D Summit.
Register for the Potomac Officers Club-hosted 10th Annual Research and Development Summit on January 31, 2024. Delve into The New Virtual Battlespace, in which Dr. Casebeer is serving as a panel moderator.
Take a look at the professional portfolio of Dr. William Casebeer and his contributions to the growth of AI/ML.
Get to know Dr. William Casebeer
Dr. William Casebeer is one of the leading forces in the development and application of artificial intelligence and machine learning. He influences the tide of AI/ML progress toward creating a digitally-enabled future across different industries. Dr. Casebeer helps public and private fields adopt and manage these new technologies within their operations.
The educational background of Dr. Willam Casebeer includes the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Government at the United States Air Force Academy (1987–1991)
- Master of Arts in Philosophy at the University of Arizona (1995–1996)
- Master of Arts in National Security Affairs for Middle East Asia Studies at the Naval Postgraduate School (2004–2006)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Cognitive Science and Philosophy at UC San Diego (1998–2001)
Dr. William Casebeer’s professional career
Dr. William Casebeer started his professional journey with the United States Air Force. He served as a Lieutenant Colonel and Intelligence Analyst before his retirement in 2011. Throughout his tenure, Dr. Casebeer led many research projects within the various offices of the Department of Defense.
Before joining the government contracting industry, Dr. William Casebeer assumed leadership roles for federal agencies focusing on research and development. He commanded the Joint Warfare Analysis Center, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, and the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe.
As a government contractor, Dr. William Casebeer held leadership positions at Scientific Systems, Beyond Conflict, and Lockheed Martin. In August 2020, he joined Riverside Research as the Director of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Meet Dr. William Casebeer, Director of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at Riverside Research
Dr. William Casebeer facilitates the technology portfolio of Open Innovation Center’s Riverside Research. He spearheads the design, development, and application of various AI/ML technologies, including:
- Neuromorphic computing
- Adversarial artificial intelligence
- Human-machine teaming
- Virtual reality for training and insight
- Object and activity recognition
Dr. Casebeer is responsible for expanding the company’s current technology capabilities and pursuing growth opportunities. He works closely with government research organizations to equip the federal sector with the tech arsenal for mission-critical environments.
Creating Ethical AI/ML Technology
Dr. William Casebeer believes that technology is a tool to help human advancement. With the rise of AI and ML, technology leaders, including himself, must incorporate human values in the technology they create. Dr. Casebeer works toward creating a positive impact on the lives and future of many people through technology.
Hear insights from Dr. William Casebeer, Panel Moderator at the 10th Annual R&D Summit
- Organizer: Potomac Officers Club
- Date: January 31, 2024 (7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET)
- Location: Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, 5000 Seminary Rd., Alexandria, VA 22311
- Sponsors: Ericsson, Ultra Intelligence & Communications, Riverside Research, Nokia, Digital Science, Oceus, Box, Booz Allen
Dr. William Casebeer speaks for Panel A: The New Virtual Battlespace for the 10th Annual R&D Summit. With his expertise in technology, his insights are pivotal to enriching discussions on leveraging technology amid evolving defense landscapes. Dr. Casebeer is joined by other defense researchers, leaders, and decision-makers, including:
- Heidi Shyu, Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering at the U.S. Department of Defense (Opening keynote)
- Stephen Welby, Deputy Director of National Security for the Office of Science and Technology Policy (Morning keynote)
- Brigadier General John Cushing, Commanding General at the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (Morning keynote)
- Dr. Tome Drake, Department Head of Ocean Battlespace Sensing Department for the Office of Naval Research (Afternoon keynote)
- Aditi Kumar, Deputy Director for the Defense Innovation Unit (Mid-day keynote)
- Jay Dryer, Director of the Strategic Capabilities Office at the U.S. Department of Defense (Closing keynote)
Register to become a Potomac Officers Club member and attend the 10th Annual Research and Development Summit. Get to know cutting-edge technologies that will shape the defense sector for the decades to come.