Thomas Patrick Flanders, known to his colleagues as “Pat,” is a distinguished professional with a comprehensive background in defense systems. His other expertise includes enterprise software, cybersecurity, healthcare, and government contracting. In 2017, he was named Chief Information Officer and Program Executive Officer at the Defense Health Agency.
Mr. Flanders is set to speak about Preserving Patient Privacy while Maintaining Innovation and Expanding the User Experience. The speaking engagement will be at the Potomac Officers Club’s 2023 Healthcare Summit on December 6, 2023. He joins other panelists Karen Brazell and Angela Curtis and will be sharing their contributions to the healthcare industry’s transformational changes.
Get acquainted with the leadership of Thomas Patrick Flanders and learn more about his upcoming speaking engagement.
About Thomas Patrick Flanders
Thomas Patrick Flanders has dedicated over three decades of his career in the federal defense sector. He is a Department of Defense (DoD) certified acquisition professional and computer scientist. In addition, he has built diverse skills in systems automation, complex enterprise software development, personnel management, logistics, and finance.
Catch Thomas Patrick Flanders opening the discourse on Preserving Patient Privacy while Maintaining Innovation and Expanding the User Experience at the 2023 Healthcare Summit. On December 6, 2023, in Falls Church, Virginia, join healthcare leaders in the annual summit and register for a slot now!
- BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Clarkson University (1985–1989)
- MA in Procurement and Acquisition Management at the Webster University (1999–2001)
- MS in Computer Science at the Naval Postgraduate School (2000–2001)
- MS in National Resource Strategy at the National Defense University (2008–2009)
Career experience timeline
- Functional Logistician at the U.S. Army (1989–2001)
- Assistant Project Manager of Logistics Information Systems at the U.S. Army (2001–2003)
- Portfolio Budget Manager at the U.S. Army (2002–2005)
- Project Manager of Integrated Data Environment and Global Transportation Network Convergence at the Department of Defense (2005–2008)
- Project Manager of Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program at the U.S. Army (2009–2014)
- Deputy Director of Army Investment at the U.S. Army (2013–2014)
- Senior Military Assistant to the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Tech, and Logistics at the Department of Defense (2014–2015)
- Deputy to The Director for Army Acquisition & Systems Management at the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (2015)
- Deputy Program Executive Officer at the Defense Healthcare Management Systems (2015–2017)
- Chief Information Officer and Program Executive Officer at the Defense Health Agency (2017–Present)
Honors, awards, and recognitions
- Federal Computer Weekly – FED 100 – 2013 issued by Federal Computer Weekly (March 2013)
- FedHealthIT.com 100 2020 issued by FedHealtheIT.com (November 2019)
- FedHealthIT.com 100 2021 issued by Federal Computer Weekly (March 2021)
- CDO Magazine 2021 Leading Data Executives issued by CDO Magazine (August 2021)
- FedHealthIT.com Hall Of Fame 2022 issued by FedHealthIT.com (January 2022)
- HIMSS 2022 Changemaker in Health Award issued by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (February 2022)
About Thomas Patrick Flanders’ Role as the Chief Information Officer and Program Executive Officer at the Defense Health Agency
Chief Information Officer and Program Executive Officer Thomas Patrick Flanders focuses on developing a robust health information technology landscape. He supports the Combatant Commands, service members, veterans, and military families with affordable, innovative, and secure health technologies.
Agency-wide, Mr. Flanders provides executive oversight and overall direction for the development and implementation of defense healthcare enterprise strategies. His responsibility also covers the information technology networks of all medical centers, hospitals, dental, and other treatment facilities under the Department of Defense.
About Preserving Patient Privacy while Maintaining Innovation and Expanding the User Experience at the 2023 Healthcare Summit
From 11:00 a.m. through 12:00 p.m., Thomas Patrick Flanders will take to the podium and share his expertise about Preserving Patient Privacy while Maintaining Innovation and Expanding the User Experience. Angela Curtis is set to join him as the panelist, while Karen Brazell serves as the moderator.
Mr. Flanders’ deep-rooted knowledge and experience in healthcare information systems is crucial in the discussion. The conversation opens advanced measures that medical defense facilities must take to keep private data confidential, particularly patient information. Moreover, the topic explores current innovations to improve user experience across health IT systems.
The 2023 Healthcare Summit
- Organizer: Potomac Officers Club
- Date: December 6, 2023 (7:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. – ET)
- Location: Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA 22042
- Sponsors: LMI, SAIC, Noblis, LCG, netspoke
The 2023 Healthcare Summit, organized by the Potomac Officers Club, takes a deep dive into the transformational changes in the healthcare industry. Amid the lasting changes brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, the sector saw a rapid rise in cutting-edge technologies and a massive shift in patient needs.
The 2023 Healthcare Summit aims to navigate the evolving healthcare markets. Delivering the keynote is Rear Admiral Tracy Farrill. Top healthcare decision-makers, professionals, and leaders across the public and private sectors are in attendance as well. The summit will seek out what’s next for healthcare innovation, which is currently undergoing a revolutionary change.